SPECIAL PERMITS TO ENTER COSTA RICA (VISAS)
The visa is a permit issued by the Embassy or Honorary Consulate to be able to enter Costa Rica.
Types of visas:
- Visas for non-residents (tourism or business)
- Special visas for students
- Special visas for teachers and researchers
- Special visas for volunteers and unpaid interns
- Special visas for member of religious organizations
LIVING IN COSTA RICA (RESIDENCY REQUEST)
The application for residency is the process by which foreign nationals can obtain a permit to live in Costa Rica either permanently or for a determined period of time.
The residency application may be submitted:
- Directly at the Immigration Department (Dirección General de Migracióan y Extranjería) in Costa Rica.
- At the Embassy or Honorary Consulate: the process begins in Germany and should be completed personally in Costa Rica. Until the residence card is issued, every time the applicant enter the country will be under the status of non-resident.
Types of Permanent Residency:
- Family relationship with a Costa Rican citizens (does not apply in case of marriage)
Types of Temporary Residency:
- Temporary Residency due to marriage with a Costa Rican citizen
- Temporary Residency as investor
- Temporary Residency as annuitant
- Temporary Residency as pensioner
For additional information, please click here.